They are involved in...
Jesus was crucified between two thieves
- We don’t know their names, just their crimes.
They heard Jesus respond to the soldiers who were crucifying Him: “Jesus said, Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” (Luke 23:34)
The Roman Centurion who witnessed the crucifixion said, “Surely He was the Son of God!” (Mt. 27:54)
These two criminals show the great contrast: (Lk. 23:32-43)
2 weeks ago, we saw that Jesus had power to calm the storm on the raging sea. This week we will see that He has the power to calm the storm inside and protect the person.
1. When there is space and focus in our life, we can
see and hear the pain in people’s lives (Mark 5:1-8)
us consider five truths about the storms in your life:
1. You may have a plan & don’t see the coming storm
It is natural to experience storms in your life.
Jesus gathered His Disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.”
He clarified the destination, but didn’t mention that there was going to be a fierce storm in the middle of their journey.
Sea of Galilee:
Bethesda = “House of Grace”
- A spring-fed pool with five covered porches where the sick (blind, lame, paralyzed) waited their turn to step into the stirring waters and be healed.
The man had been invalid for 38 years. (John 5:1-6)
- His problem (invalid) had become a “way of life”.
- He was caught in a cycle of excuse giving
- He saw no options
Jesus asked him, “Do you want to get well?”
Steps to a changed life:
- Matthew was called to take Action
- Share your changed life to others
- Finish running the race
There is a big difference between saying "I'm sorry" and "asking for forgiveness".
4 Step process of Asking for Forgiveness:
- "I did..."
- "I admit that I was wrong"
- "Please forgive me for..."
- "I commit to not doing that again"
This week we focus on being thankful and developing a Gratitude Attitude.
- Their Faith healed them. "As they went, they we cleansed"
- There is a an impact of a thankless life
- Have a Gratitude Attitude. "Be a 1 in 10"
Video of Sarah Churman hearing for the first time