"God is Faithful Even in My Mistakes"
We all make mistakes, but how well do we bounce back from them?
Today, we will learn about three hopes we have in Christ.
Hope #1. God is aware of our mistakes. (Genesis 21:1-13)
- There are no surprises with God. God knows us and we cannot hide. (Ps. 139:1-12)
- Sometimes the most joyful times are combined with the saddest.
- Time: We bear the responsibility for some of our mistakes (poor choices) for a lifetime.
- Choose to live with one wife (or husband) - not sports, not your career, not another relationship.
- God uses our situations and choices to form our lives.
Q) What mistake are you carrying around?
Hope #2. God cares for the broken hearted. (Genesis 21:11-17)
- God hears our heart cry. Individual - Jonah, in the belly of a whale (Jonah 2). Group - Captives in Egypt (Ex. 2:23-25; 3:7-10)
- God delivers us as we humble ourselves (Ps. 34:15-22). Insight- circle the action that God takes on our behalf, then underline our responsibility.
God's eyes see the righteous. (vs. 15)
His ears are attentive to their cry.
The righteous cry out and He hears them. (vs. 17)
He delivers them from all their trouble.
He is close to the brokenhearted. (vs. 18)
He saves those who are crushed in spirit.
He delivers the righteous from all troubles. (vs. 19)
He protects the bones of the righteous. (vs. 20)
He redeems His servants. (vs. 22)
No one will be condemned who takes refuge in Him.
7 Step Process in Healing from our Mistakes.
- Humble yourself before God. (James 4:6-10)
- Cry out to Him. (Ex. 2:23-25)
- Repent- turn from your old ways. (2 Cor. 7:2-4, 8-11)
- Make restitution wherever possible. (1 Pet. 3:8-9)
- Set out on a new course of action. (Josh. 24:14-15)
- Team up with like-minded partners. (Prov. 13:20)
- Stay sensitive to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. (John 16:7-15)
Hope #3. God is the God of second chances. (Genesis 21:17-22)
- He can open our eyes to see solutions.
- God will make a way when there seems to be no way.
- He works in ways we cannot see.
- Our life doesn't end when we make a mistake.
- Our pain and comfort in not about us, but about us comforting others through their pain. (2 Cor. 1:3-7)
- We can be restored to a right relationship with God.
- Nothing can separate us from the love of God.
"Then I will make up to you (repay you) for the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the creeping locust, the stripping locust and the gnawing locust, My great army which I sent among you." (Joel 2:25, NASB)
Q) In your life, what area are you praying that God will restore?